Sunday, September 6, 2009

Artist Perry Thompson


I paint what I see in nature and life, time infused with color and energy, capturing the beauty of all things interacting with each other. The vibrancy, richness, and texture led me to create my own photographic painting style called “emulsion painting.”
All of my paintings began as photographs. As I manipulate the image, it’s transformed into distorted lines and textures, creating a dream like image. Bold rich colors and pencil strokes energize the picture and the technique becomes a work of art.
I paint landscapes to bring out the beauty of nature that so many of us forget to enjoy. The soft edges, vivid colors, and passion that are emitted from my paintings have a calm dreamy effect upon the viewer.
Perry's art is displayed at 2 Islands Gallery on Captiva Island in Chadwick's square. 239-472-7633



No comments:

Post a Comment